ThunderCore Lab is delighted to announce that in order to provide you with a more efficient testing environment, we will be conducting a comprehensive reset of the Testnet environment at 07:00 AM (UTC) on August 24th, 2023. This reset will bring several advantages, creating more possibilities for your development and testing endeavors.
- Fresh Start: We will begin with a clean slate. Existing data will be wiped entirely and not transferred to the new environment. This ensures you receive a fresh, pristine testing environment.
- New Hardfork R4.2: The new test chain will launch from the latest Hardfork R4.2. This upgrade will introduce more features and improvements, opening up greater potential for your development and testing.
- Preserved Infrastructure: We will continue to maintain ThunderCore’s foundational infrastructure, including features like faucets, bridges, and explorers. These functionalities will coexist with the new environment, providing you with comprehensive support.
- Balancing Time and Speed: Based on past usage patterns, we have decided to adjust the block generation speed of the test chain from one block per second to ten seconds per block. Each session will produce 360 blocks, reducing a full session to one hour. This change helps us balance efficiency and resource utilization in the testing environment.
- Enhanced Performance: The reset will clear out old data and states, boosting network performance and response speed, ensuring you can test and develop more efficiently.
- Reduced Costs: By releasing resources that are no longer needed, we will lower server and storage costs, creating more opportunities for the network’s sustainable growth.
We firmly believe that this comprehensive reset will provide you with a refined testing environment and more opportunities for development and testing. We steadfastly believe that ThunderCore’s progress is intricately tied to your support and participation.
ThunderCore is a fast and secure EVM-Compatible layer-1 blockchain founded in Silicon Valley in 2017 to provide a robust infrastructure for DApps and the broader DeFi ecosystem. Its high-performance blockchain offers a breakthrough consensus protocol PaLa, 4,000+ TPS, sub-second confirmation times, and low gas fees.
With over 8 million addresses, 680 million transactions, and 133 million block height on its network, ThunderCore is dedicated to bringing blockchain technology to broad adoption.
You can learn more about ThunderCore’s historical information on our Medium Blog.